Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another year older

As my friend Jenifer so kindly reminded me, I haven't yet written about my birthday celebration. So here it goes...

It's funny, but each year my birthday is a little less spectacular than the year before. Now, don't get me wrong - I mean to say that each year is more special, especially considering that I get to celebrate it with my sweet husband, son and other dear family members. But to those of you who have helped me celebrate my birthday in the past you can probably agree that each year is less of a spectacle than the year before.

There was a time when I was notorious for coming home barefoot after a long night of bar hopping. I was usually barefoot b/c the amount of coordination needed to walk in high heels was not condusive to the amount of adult beverages needed to celebrate the passing of another year.

But as I grew up and started accepting more responsibility, it's safe to say that I learned to celebrate in different ways. This year, Ross and I dropped Connor off at his MiMi and Opa's house and we headed to Fredericksburg. We rented a bed and breakfast for the night (strangely breakfast never arrived...so I guess it was just a bed) and then hit the town. We found several places with live music and finally ended the night at Luckenbach. The next day we went to my parents house for a birthday lunch and then packed Connor up and headed back to San Antonio.

All in all it was a great birthday. Oh - I almost forgot - when we were in Fredericksburg, we met with our photographer Kathy Weigand (http://www.kathyweigand.com/) and ordered some prints from the photo shoot we had with Connor when he was only a week and a half old. I'm so excited about these photos and can't wait for them to arrive.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hey...like the new blog but I only can access it from Jen's page. Mine is the old one. Marc and I stayed in Gruene at a B&B several yrs ago and had a BLAST! We also went to Lukenback (??) and listened to music. Glad you had fun and happy belated b-day!!