Monday, January 28, 2008

Welcome to our blog!

Ross and I have been trying to figure out ways to keep our family and friends involved in all of the changes in our life. Then it hit me, I have several good friends with blogs and I enjoy reading them periodically. It always makes me feel like I get to experience the day-to-day things even though we're living states away. To be perfectly honest, I've never been good at chronically the events in my life, so this will be a challenge. However, I've also never had my life change so much, so fast. With only two months left until the baby arrives, our lives are in extreme overdrive. It feels like there's so much to do in order to prepare, but in the grand scheme of things babies don't need thousands of dollars worth of toys or nursery decorations. They only need the basics sprinkled with a lot of love and attention.

I still have a lot to learn about babies. As all of my close family and friends already know, I'm the farthest thing from a baby expert. As a matter of fact, I've always been relatively phobic. What can you expect from an only child? At least I'm honest about my short-comings and I'm smart enough to ask for help. Not only have I received a lot of great advice from friends, but Ross and I also took a baby care course offered by the hospital. Now I feel slightly more prepared to welcome the new edition into our lives.

So to sum it up, I've never been more excited about anything in my life and I look forward to sharing all our experiences through this blog.

No comments: