Saturday, December 6, 2008

92 is the new 65

Ross, Connor and I drove up to Kerrville today to celebrate my grandma's 92nd birthday! We took her to eat at her favorite restaurant and then went back to her place for cake. I just adore my grandma and love her for all her crazy quirks.

Here are just a few of my favorites...When we take her out to eat, she's notorious for gasping when her food arrives and always claims that it's way too much. She usually takes a few bites, boxes it up, and then orders a huge dessert. Two years ago, she bought a new car. She called me to tell me about her new purchase and when I asked what kind of car she bought she tells me that it’s a Tyota Cameron (no typo here). I think she still calls it that.

At 92 she's still going strong. She lives by herself in an adorable garden home overlooking Kerrville and still drives all over town - although she occasionally forgets which car is hers :) I can only hope that I’m doing as well at 92.

Love you grandma!!


No comments: