Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The "membership" we never expected to receive

In November, Ross and I will be welcomed into the "two under two" club. This particular club isn't like the Junior League, or Alcoholics Anonymous (although it could easily drive you to drink). There aren't weekly meetings, membership dues, or officer elections. This club involves signing away life as you know it and embracing chaos with open arms.

Don't get me wrong, we're excited about the new baby, but we're also still working off the shock of it all. I'll tell you the same thing I told my doctor when he broke the news to me. "Never-ever in my wildest dreams did I expect to have a baby in 2008 and another one in 2009. That's just not natural".

You should know by now that Ross and I aren't typical parents. So, instead of designing a nursery, we're busy creating an NFL style playbook of parenting tips. We've also decided to move all of our valuables into storage and accept the fact that our house will double as a "Jump Zone" for the next few years.

Ready or not, the only thing left to do is to hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

TBD McKinnon - ETA November 25th, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome to the "two under two" club....it's a fun one!!! Shoot, the whole club in general is a fun/crazy/chaotic one, haha =)

Maggie said...

That was cute to read!! I'll never know anything about that there club so you will have to keep me up to date w/ your witty post!!