Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kate's 7 month update


It's hard to believe that Kate is now 7 months old! On one hand time has flown by so quickly but on the other hand it seems like decades ago that we brought her home from the hospital.

Let me explain. Like with most babies, the first three months were the hardest. At that age they need so much care and attention. They also don't know how to self-sooth and typically have their days and nights confused. With Kate, she would scream like a banshee if you put her down - even for a second. So whether right or wrong - I ended up holding her almost 20 hours a day. To make things worse, we allowed her to sleep with us for the first several months - I know, I know...please don't judge me. Regardless of what all of the baby books say, it's what she needed at that point in her life. And come to think of it, I probably needed it too.

Now at 7 months old, she sleeps in her own bed and can fall asleep alone. I thought she'd be 17 before we got to that point. Thanks for proving me wrong Kate!!

She's also got two teeth now with a third on it's way. And she's started crawling and pulling up on things. The other day I caught her using Morgan's fur to pull herself to standing. I don't think Morgan was very happy about it, but like always she was a good sport.

Kate learns so quickly. She watches Connor's every move and tries to mimic him as much as possible. The two of them play well together and seem to love each other very much.

Here are a few pictures of Kate.


3 comments:

BeBe said...

I know they're my grandchildren, but I think they are both fantastic! Great pictures!

Leia said...

Beth - I think Kate looks so much like you and Ross from your baby pictures.

Jill and Mike said...

What a beautiful family, Leia. How time flies!