Tuesday, November 18, 2008

4th Picture in my 4th Folder

I've been tagged again...

This time I was asked to post the 4th picture in my 4th photo folder. So, here it is...
.
.
Several years ago, Ross and I took a trip to Europe. I was returning from Kuwait and arranged for a week long layover in Amsterdam. Ross met me there and our plan was to take the train down to the south of France to watch Lance Armstrong ride in his last Tour de France. However, after a few too many drinks in Amsterdam, I wrote the date in wrong on our train tickets which essentially voided them out (mm/dd/yy instead of dd/mm.yy).
.
The conductor, who had seen this mistake made by many stupid Americans, told us we could get our tickets re-issued in Paris, however, there was a catch. We were arriving on Friday night and had to wait until the ticket office opened on Monday morning. So basically we were "stuck" in Paris for the weekend.
.
With no hotel reservations, no map and no idea of where to go, we began walking the streets in hopes of finding a hotel for the night. As midnight quickly approached, our situation was looking slim. I was entirely convinced that we had no other option than to sleep on the streets. However, at the last second we stumbled upon an internet cafe (thank goodness) and were able to locate a room.
.
The next morning we got up and began to explore the city. The first thing we did was to buy a guide book and since Ross and I aren't the museum going type, we headed for the catacombs. CREEPY....
.
Now I need to "tag" four people...
Jenifer F.
Maggie
Elisa
Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture - and how fun to be "stuck" in Paris! Glad it all worked out. Thanks for doing this!

Elisa Chen said...

I totally saw these catacombs too and they really are scary!! Glad that wasn't the place you had to stay! :)

Anonymous said...

You ALWAYS have the best stories! Keep them coming! Love you!