Thursday, March 12, 2009

Is 31 too old…

Is 31 too old to attend a slumber party? I hope not. :) Crazy Shari’s hosting a "girl’s only" slumber party on Friday night to celebrate Jessica’s birthday. I think it’s a fantastic idea, because in-between being a good employee, great mommy and fantastic wife (hey this is my blog – I can say whatever I want – smile), we ladies often neglect our friendships.

What better way to reconnect, than to watch movies, paint our nails and sip cocktails all night? Not to mention the fact that Jess is one of the hardest working stay-at-home mommies I’ve ever seen. So when I was asked to come and help her celebrate her birthday with some much needed girl-time – who was I to say no?

This reminds me of the last slumber party that I attended at the Falg-anator’s house. When I was working in advertising (long ago), a couple of friends from work felt the urge to hang out in our PJ’s and drink ourselves silly. So being the hostess with the mostess, Jenifer invited everyone over to her place (much to her husband’s dismay). We stayed up most of the night acting a fool and learning Christina Aguilera dance moves from the Lady Marmalade music video. Oh my!

Now that the hangover is long gone and the dance moves are a little rusty, I’m happy to say that the friendships and this photo still remain.



In my book, it might be possible to solve all the worlds’ problems by just throwing on some PJ’s and reconnecting with our inner child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhh!!!! Wait till the girls and boy see this!! What a great night, I'll never ever forget it! Thank you for bringing sexy back girl! We miss you more than words can say! Maybe we'll have to plan our 35 year reunion....haha! Love you bunches!!!

Maggie said...

That just made me laugh!! We were JUST talking about that night here at work. We also were learning the Britney Spears moves to "Me Against the Music"!! So much fun and you are right...throwing on pj's and spending the night w/ your girlfriends is the absolute best!!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! :)